Wednesday, January 25, 2006

In the beginning....

Yes, I quote from John 1:1 for my first post on my first blog. "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." This scripture has held fascination for me from the time I was very young and it wasn't until much later that I fully understood the real meaning.

Those who know me also know that I have a strong belief system that sustains me. Through all I have lived and endured, my saving grace has been His.

There is a poem that has meant alot to me over the years and sharing it with others during times of grief has helped me to explain what it means to live in the moment. Written by Helen Mallicoat it reads:

I was regretting the past and fearing the future.
Suddenly my Lord was speaking:

"My name is I Am." He paused.
I waited. He continued,
"When you live in the past,
with its mistakes and regrest,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Was.
When you live in the future,
with its problems and fears,
it is hard. I am not there.
My name is not I Will Be.
When you live in this moment,
it is not hard. I am here.
My name is I Am."

I've come to the conclusion that living in the past or the future does nothing but zap our energy. Energy we need to move forward by living fully in this moment.

Whose time are you wasting?

1 Comments:

At 12:27 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Great post! You're right! Just who's time could you be wasting?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home