Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Bunny Tail Tale

I found some short stories and thoughts I recorded in a journal over the years and thought I would share them. This one I wrote specifically for my little boys. The oldest will now be able to read the story to his younger brothers. (Thank you Drew!)

May 18, 2007

Almost everyday I see bunnies, large and small, when I am entering or leaving my office building. They usually sit munching grass watching carefully to be sure where the "big feet" are going. Today I saw a young bunny when I arrived and this afternoon there was a very small bunny sitting in the grass by my car. I must have startled this little one as it turned tail and hopped away. The funny part about this story was how I was standing in my front yard this evening hoeing weeds and a big bunny hopped right in front of me. I don't think he even saw me. He hopped quickly to my neighbors yard and sat under their tree. I wondered where the squirrels were that live in that particular tree. What would happen if the squirrel saw the bunny? Do you think they talk to each other? What do they say to each other? Maybe something like, "Mimi sure is working in her flower bed. Do you think she saw me?" "I think she did because I saw her smile at you. She won't hurt you. She loves bunnies." "I'm sure glad that big brown dog isn't there anymore. He was scary looking, but he never even chased me when he could. He was a good dog." "You are right, he never chased me either although he growled at me once."

I love considering what animals are thinking. For the most part, you can usually look deep into their eyes and see something is happening. Wonder what they think of "the big feet" around them. Remember God loves all creatures big and small. It is up to us to always be kind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home